God is Working on Every Level!

 15 Then they took Jonah and threw him overboard, and the raging sea grew calm. 16 At this the men greatly feared the Lord, and they offered a sacrifice to the Lord and made vows to him. Jonah 1:15-16 NIV

Jonah was running away from his assignment of the Lord when he was on board the boat that was being swallowed by the storm. He told the boat's crew to throw him overboard and everything would be alright. They prayed and then threw him overboard and the sea grew calm.

I love how big God is! Jonah is running out of rebellion and yet God uses Jonah's stubbornness to bring something good out of it. The whole crew repents and made vows to serve God! God isn't finished there; God sends a great fish to swallow Jonah (where he stays in the fish's belly for three days,) until he repents and goes on to complete the assignment that God had given to him.

There is a lot more to the story of Jonah and I challenge you to read the whole story. The story is short but there is so much packed into it!

I guess that I love serving such a multi-dimensional God. He can deal with many, many things at once and the whole time be loving and bringing people to Him on so many diverse levels. It is like how a really good book can have five different story lines going at the same time and they will intersect at some point. God is even bigger than that because His story is real with real people and real lives.

I can hardly wait until I get to heaven and see how there were so many different things happening in my life that I didn't even realize at the time. I can hardly wait to see our lives have intersected at different times and perhaps I thought it was "just a small world" when in all reality, it was the hand of God moving.

Just remember, even when the storms of our lives are tossing us about, that God has a plan and He is going to bring some good out of it!

Peace Out,

Shanin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Came To Save!

Be Careful! Consult the Lord in Everything

As For Me, I Will Always Have hope!