I Would Have Been Afraid For Sure!

23 Now when He got into a boat, His disciples followed Him. 24 And suddenly a great tempest arose on the sea, so that the boat was covered with the waves. But He was asleep. 25 Then His disciples came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Lord, save us! We are perishing!”
26 But He said to them, “Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?” Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. 27 So the men marveled, saying, “Who can this be, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?” Matthew 8:23-27

I had the privilege of going to Israel last February. It was the most awesome experience and I would encourage anyone to go if they have the opportunity.

One of the things that my tour group got to do while in Israel was to sail the Sea of Galilee or as it is now called the Sea of Tiberius. When we sailed this huge body of water it was so nice and calm. We sailed across it on a BIG boat and it took quite a while and we had a motor! I cannot even imagine rowing your way across this sea much less in a storm.

Speaking of storms let me share my experience of a storm that happened while we were in Israel. It was GINORMOUS! We had arrived at our hotel and our tour guide, Anot had told us that a storm was expected to hit. I had no idea. It had started to rain and then the winds hit. The sheets of rain and the wind was so incredibly loud. I had planned to run down the street to a little used bookstore to shop but after the wind started I opted out of that excursion. It blew and blew. It was so deafening that I had to sleep with my mp3 player in my ears and I could still hear the wind.

After sailing the Sea of Galilee and after experiencing one of Israel's storms first hand I totally understand why the disciples were afraid. I just think about being out in that storm on the sea in a ROW BOAT or even a SAIL BOAT! Yikes! Verse 24 says that the boat was covered in waves...I bet it was! But the best part after Jesus tells them, "O you of little faith" is that He arose in that terrific storm and rebuked the winds and the sea and there was a great calm. Even the disciples were amazed and wondering about what just happened that one moment they were afraid of capsizing and the next moment the wind and the sea obeyed HIM.

Can I ask you, what storms are you going through? Are feeling as though your little boat is going to be swallowed by the waves of life? Jesus will go through the storm with you. Even in the midst of the storm he will give you peace like He did with the disciples that stormy day. Even the winds and the seas obey Him.

Let me pray for you. Lord Jesus, I would ask that whatever storm that appears to be overcoming your kids right now would cease. I thank You Father for riding out the storms with us and getting us safely through whatever storm that may come. You are so awesome God that even the waves, the wind and the sea ceases when You tell it to. Thank You for loving us and for caring for us. In Jesus Mighty Name!

Shanin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Came To Save!

Be Careful! Consult the Lord in Everything

As For Me, I Will Always Have hope!