To The Ends of the Earth

There is a song that we sing in church called, "To the Ends of the Earth." It goes like this,

"Jesus, I believe in You and I would go to the ends of the earth, to the ends of the earth. For You alone are the Son of God and all the world will see that You are God, You are God."

I love this song. It is done by Hillsong United. You can find it on You Tube. Anyhow...I was reading an online new article about a shooting happening in a church back east. The article was sad but not as haunting as the comments that followed. There were a few good comments reminding others to pray for the wounded and the church body and then there were the comments making fun of the people who believed in God. Their words were so filled with anger that someone believed in Deity at all. There remarks were scoffing and hateful to say the least. It wasn't the people behind the posts that upset me. What bothered me was that they scoff and ridicule the stupid people for having faith and they are the ones that are truely lost. They hurt and have no hope for anything better than life here on earth. I prayed for them. I prayed that somehow, someway that they would find the love that they are missing. The unconditional love that Jesus provides for all of us. The kind of love that I would go to the ends of the earth for...if these posts break my heart what does it do to Him? To the One who died so that they could have life and hope! I live in my sheltered world and see just a limited amount of this hurt but He sees and hears it all.

God gave this wonderful gift of free will. It is a double edged sword. You see, we get to choose to believe or not to believe. We get to choose life eternal or a death sentence. He already paid the price for this gift yet we can still choose not to accept it while the whole time cursing the very One who sacrificed to give this gift of life to us. It must cut Him deeply because the Word says that it is His desire that not even one would choose death. He provided the way for salvation for each one of us. It doesn't matter what you have said or done in the past. He died for all of that! It is called sin. Plain and simple. All you have to do is tell Him that you are sorry for what you have done and believe that Jesus is Lord, and you are saved. Done deal. He died for everyone. No one is excluded for anything. It all hinges on whether you will accept Jesus as your Savior or reject Him. That decision is yours to make. And I am praying that you choose life today.

If you ever need prayer just post me and I will be glad to pray with you and for you. You are not alone. You too can have hope and eternal life:)

Praying for you today,

Shanin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Came To Save!

Be Careful! Consult the Lord in Everything

As For Me, I Will Always Have hope!