Whatever You Do, Do It With All Of Your Heart!

This past weekend it was our turn to clean the church. There have been times when it was our turn to clean that I let out a sigh...you know the sigh...the one that says that you wished that you didn't have to clean that big building! Well, I was cleaning the kitchen, doing the dishes. I was thinking to myself about how many dishes there were to do this week and I would have to go home and clean my own mess. Then I actually listened to myself think these thoughts.

I got to thinking about how I should change my attitude. I started worshipping as I was wiping the tables in the fellowship hall. I was singing my lungs out, (which for those of you who know me knows that this is not an uncommon thing for me to do), and the Lord started speaking to my heart. I repented about my attitude. I then realized what a privilege it was to clean GOD'S HOUSE. Not just a church building but the place where GOD'S PEOPLE come to worship Him! I started thinking about the Levites in the temple. They were in charge of caring for the temple. What an important job yet today we look at it as an nuisance something that many "do not have time to do." What a blessing that they are missing out on! I then used that time to worship and pray for God's people. I had time to pray for our city, our school, our government. What started out as a chore to get out of the way for my day, turned out to be a blessing to me!Not only did my heart change but my cleaning changed! I didn't want to do "just what was necessary" but I wanted to clean it really good because I was cleaning GOD'S HOUSE!

Then I got to thinking about my life. If I did everything that I do with the same heart reflections as I had when cleaning God's House yesterday, how much better my life would be? So I have challenged myself to try to maintain that heart attitude and look at everything that I do as doing it for the Lord. I know that we all say that we "should" do this but how many of us really do? So I hope that this gives you some motivation to examine your everyday life. Do you do everything as an act of worship unto the Lord?

Col 3:17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

So whatever you do, do it with all of your heart!

Shanin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Came To Save!

Be Careful! Consult the Lord in Everything

As For Me, I Will Always Have hope!