From Generation to Generation

This weekend is my 30th year reunion for my highschool class. I am exicted to see old classmates and friends. Just going back to our old stomping grounds is exciting in itself. Of course I won't have enough time to do everything or see everyone but it will still be a lot of fun.

In preparation for this event I have pulled out a couple of our year books trying to jog the old memory. It has been fun to be reminded of people that I haven't seen in years. But I think one of the things that I am most excited about is seeing our friends, Dan and Linda Jackson. We will be staying with them.

We have a great history with Dan and Linda. When I was a little girl Linda taught me in Sunday School. Then when Jason and I grew up and we were married we taught their boys. Whenever we needed to talk to anyone safe they would be who we would think of and call. I have to smile because Dan and Linda have been such great mentors to us. I love it because whenever we do get to stay with them Linda always says to Dan, "Honey the kids are coming home!" I love the feeling of having someplace safe with great memories to go home to. Are we related to Dan and Linda? We are in Christ. They really are a part of our family. We are so blessed. What a great legacy Dan and Linda has shown us.

We will not hide them from their children, Telling to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, And His strength and His wonderful works that He has done. For He established a testimony in Jacob, And appointed a law in Israel, Which He commanded our fathers, That they should make them known to their children; That the generation to come might know them, The children who would be born, That they may arise and declare them to their children, That they may set their hope in God, And not forget the works of God, But keep His commandments; Psa. 78:4-7


May we continue this blessing for many generations. Increasing our borders and the size of our families! From generation to generation sharing the love and testimony of Jesus. Telling our children of His faithfulness to all generations. Thank you Dan and Linda for loving, and teaching us. Thanks for having us over for all of those yummy dinners and evenings of games and laughs. Thanks for teaching us the practical things of life like couponing and how the store sale ads work :) Thanks for being faithful to God even when it was hard. You mean so very much to us.

Shanin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Came To Save!

Be Careful! Consult the Lord in Everything

As For Me, I Will Always Have hope!