Put on a Happy Face!

14 Do all things without complaining and disputing, 15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, 16 holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.
Phil 2:14-16 NKJV


Last night I was shopping at a few different stores getting ready for my kid's class on Wednesday night(I taught on Jacob and Essau). Whenever one of the clerks would ask, "How are you tonight?" I would smile and say, "Awesome thanks!" I was surprised at the response at EVERY store. Each one would be taken back and then smile and say, "We don't hear that very often!" or "I wish that more people would respond that way!" Then it opened a door for conversation of what I was doing with what I was purchasing. I walked right through that open door and would tell them the story (the brief version) of Jacob and Essau. Each one was like a new kid in Sunday School holding on to every detail.

It made me think, people are hungry for life. They are sucked up in a busy world with very little or no hope. All they need is a smile and somoeone to tell them that they are great, or wonderful or awesome and then you have their attention. Somethng so small, so free and it only takes a moment of your time.

We should make sure that we shine like stars! Take a moment, take a deep breath and smile! You can do it! It will make you feel better! It can be a great habit! And an open door to minister life to someone in that brief moment. Hold fast to that Word of Life that we have access to and then share it that hope with others! It only takes a moment of your time and it is so worth the investment!

Shining Brightly for Him,

Shanin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Came To Save!

Be Careful! Consult the Lord in Everything

As For Me, I Will Always Have hope!