My Dad is a Big Deal!

22 Now it happened, on a certain day, that He got into a boat with His disciples. And He said to them, “Let us cross over to the other side of the lake.” And they launched out. 23 But as they sailed He fell asleep. And a windstorm came down on the lake, and they were filling with water, and were in jeopardy. 24 And they came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Master, Master, we are perishing!”
Then He arose and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water. And they ceased, and there was a calm. 25 But He said to them, “Where is your faith?”
And they were afraid, and marveled, saying to one another, “Who can this be? For He commands even the winds and water, and they obey Him!”
26 Then they sailed to the country of the Gadarenes, which is opposite Galilee. 27 And when He stepped out on the land, there met Him a certain man from the city who had demons for a long time. And he wore no clothes, nor did he live in a house but in the tombs. 28 When he saw Jesus, he cried out, fell down before Him, and with a loud voice said, “What have I to do with You, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg You, do not torment me!” Luke 8:22-28 NKJV


Funny how that the men that spent one on one time with Jesus and had seen Him perform miracles really wondered who He was that even the winds and the waters obeyed him however when Jesus came upon the man who was demon possessed that the demons indeed recognised who He was. They knew that He was the Son of the Most High God!

Do we know who HE really is? I spend time with Jesus yet there are days that I am still surprised when He provides miracles before my eyes! If the demons know who He is, the Son of the Most High God, when will we grasp at who HE is?

If we would fully grasp the authority He has given us just to use His Name we would be able to do so much more for His Kingdom! I love the song, How Great Is Our God, where it says, "He wraps Himself in light, and darkness tries to hide And trembles at His voice, trembles at His voice." That verse gives me so much excitement. If we were to figure out who our Dad really is we would walk around and say, "Excuse me, do you know who my Dad is? He is the King of king, the Lord of lords. He is a big deal! Don't mess with me!"

We need to spend time with Jesus so that when the enemy does challenge us that we won't shrink back but that we will say, "Excuse me but do you know who my Dad is?" We need to be confident in our Identity in Christ. We can only be confident in that identity if we have a relationship with Him.

So don't let the enemy catch you off guard. Be prepared. Invest time with the Lord. Get to know Him. Rest assured that He loves you so very much and desires for you to know Him.

Shanin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Came To Save!

Be Careful! Consult the Lord in Everything

As For Me, I Will Always Have hope!