Keeping Your Eyes On Him

Have you ever had a hard time with a particular issue that seemed to rear it's ugly head at you and kind of make fun of you? I have. And at the beginning of the year I told that Lord that I was going to commit to give this certain challenge to the Lord. Then it magically got better! NOT~ it seemed to be even more in my face the first few days so I really worked hard at making this new habit of laying it at the feet of Jesus. I had this plan, whenever it got more difficult I would wear my mp3 player playing worship music. I did great for the first two and half weeks! Then last week I let it win the battle for the day. Oh how I mourned in my heart that I had lost the battle for a day but then I realized there was good news! Jesus has provided a clean slate for me to start over! I just had taken my eyes off of Jesus and let it wander back to the very thing that I was trying to give to Jesus. I was struggling for control instead of trusting Jesus to take care of me and the situation. So I prayed for help and started fresh!

So today I have victory in this arena of my life! Today I placed my mp3 player on my head and took time to read His Word and at the moment that ugly thing isn't even in my field of vision!

Is there something that you have struggled for control with in your life? Let me give you a few verses to help! At least they have helped me!
Phil 4:4-8 NIV
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things

Keep your focus on Jesus. The rest really doesn't matter and He will do such a better job of taking care of things than you ever will. You just have to surrender control to Him. Keep looking up at Him. He is faithful and on your side! He roots for us! Woo Hoo!

Got My Gaze Fixed!

Shanin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Came To Save!

Be Careful! Consult the Lord in Everything

As For Me, I Will Always Have hope!