How Dare Him?

6 When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he already had been in that condition a long time, He said to him, “Do you want to be made well?”
7 The sick man answered Him, “Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up; but while I am coming, another steps down before me.”
8 Jesus said to him, “Rise, take up your bed and walk.” 9 And immediately the man was made well, took up his bed, and walked. 16 For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill Him,[c] because He had done these things on the Sabbath. John 5:6-9;16 NKJV


I am amazed that Jesus went to this place and healed a man that had been crippled for 38 years! He took time to talk to him and ask him if he wanted to be healed. The man responded with a yes and Jesus healed him! WOW! I get so excited when I think of this scene. I wish I could have been there to witness every detail. He got up from where he had laid for years and walked! What a miracle!

It's the response form the people that kill me! They were so upset because he healed him on the Sabbath! They missed it! They were so appalled by the "breaking of the Sabbath" rule that they didn't "see" the miracle that happened right before their eyes. They got offended! They took offense because Jesus didn't fit the mold.
They were hunting for Jesus, not to express their gratitude that He took a beggar off the streets and healed him, but, to kill Him. How sad. There was this great story right there and they missed it. I would want to ask this guy that could now walk, what did you see? What did His eyes look like? Were they filled with compassion? What did your legs feel like? Were they wobbly at first? Hey, do you want to run with me? I could think of a million things to ask or to look for but being offended because He healed him on a Sabbath isn't one of them!

Do you know a person that ever been guilty of being so offended that they missed the bigger picture or a ministry opportunity? That is so sad. Do you know someone who has taken up the offense of someone else? The people in this story did that very thing. They were so offended that Jesus healed this man on the Sabbath that they missed the miracle! The man wasn't offended! He was healed! He was free! It was the people who got so offended over Jesus breaking a rule, that they missed the whole event. In many ways they were robbed. They missed the healing and the celebration that surrounded that even and they missed something even greater. They missed an encounter with the Savior of the world. They missed Him. They missed Jesus.

I do not want to miss even a glimpse of Jesus! I do not desire to allow an offense or someone else's offense to cloud up my focus of Him. I do not want to become so judgemental that I miss an opportunity to share Him with others because of how they look or sound. This means that sometimes I might be a little uncomfortable but that is okay. I can do it! Lord Jesus give me compassion to touch those around me. Help me not to miss a "God moment." Help me to be sensitive in the right way but not easily offended in other ways! I am excited to see what God is doing!

Looking Everywhere!

Shanin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Came To Save!

Be Careful! Consult the Lord in Everything

As For Me, I Will Always Have hope!