Unconditional

Rom 6:10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. NKJ

Just today I was talking to someone about acceptance. My friend, was talking about not being able to measure up to her family's expectations. I explained to her that Jesus didn't want a performance based relationship. He loved her just the way that she is...He died for her sins all at once. He loved her knowing that she would make the decisions that she has made and will make in the future.

It is hard to grasp sometimes...Jesus loves us! He loves me! No matter how the world measures success and how I measure up to that...Jesus loves me! He died for everything that I have done or will do. Plain and simple yet amazing. So unlike human acceptance. The best part is that we don't have to be perfect to be loved in God's family.

Does that give us license to do whatever we want? No. We need to pursue a relationship with Jesus and become more like Him. He loves us so much that He gives us free will to choose whatever we want to do...He loves us so much that He will wait for us to return to Him with open arms. His desire is for not one person to perish. He loved and loves us so much that He died for us.

Thank you God for loving me even with all of my weaknesses and shortcomings. You have given me the most amazing gift...unconditional love. Thank You.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Came To Save!

Be Careful! Consult the Lord in Everything

As For Me, I Will Always Have hope!