Satisfaction's Secret...

Tonight I thought I would share from our Wednesday night class notes. It was a great lesson...credit to my Jason, my hubby. Thanks Babe for letting me glean from your teaching!

10 But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity. 11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ[a] who strengthens me. Phil 4:10-13 NKJV

What is contentment? It's not apathy, laziness or complacency. It is independant from circumstance. You do not base your happiness on the situation around you. Happiness comes from within.

How to experience real contentment:
I. Learn to avoid comparisons!
Paul said that he learned to be content! That means we can learn to be content too!

Misconceptions about happiness are: I must have what others have to be happy...I must be liked by everyone in order to be happy...Having more will make me more happy.

The root problem: Comparing myselt to others.

II. Learn to adjust to change!
In verse 12 it says that I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound...

Types of circumstances:
-Those we can control and do control
-Those we can control and don't control
-Those we can't control

Key to adjusting: A sense of humor!!!!! Man, laughter is an awesome tool...the joy of the Lord is our strength! Don't take yourself so seriously and life will be so much better.

III. Learn to rely on Christ's power
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. vs 13

The Jerusalem Bible says it like this: There is nothing I cannot master with the help of one who gives me strength.

What do you need to master? Your attitude? Your mouth or temper?

IV. Learn to trust God to meet my needs.
Phil 4:19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Matthew 6:31-33

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Came To Save!

Be Careful! Consult the Lord in Everything

As For Me, I Will Always Have hope!