An Escape Plan

12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall. 13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape I Cor. 10:12-13

I had a friend many years ago who told me something that I would never forget...it truly was a piece of wisdom that I have kept close to my heart. I had asked her how someone could cheat on their spouse especially when both of them were Christians. She told me as soon as you think it can never happen to you or that you would never do that (no matter the situation or sin) then be very careful because that is just where the devil wants you! It's a trap!That is when or where he will trip you up! Vs 13 says no temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man! It is the ordinary everyday stuff that can trip you up especially when you get comfortable and unguarded!

The good news is that the bible says that He will always make a way of escape when we are tempted! God is faithful! Cry out to Him when you are tempted! He will provide a way out! Whew! An escape plan...be aware, and when you feel like nothing can trip you up that is when you are vulnerable. When you find yourself surrounded by temptation stop and pray. Cry out for help and the Deliverer will provide the escape plan for you! The bible says to flee or to run when temptation comes! Don't hang out around it!

Thank you Jesus that You know our weaknesses and that you have planned a way for escape for us. Help me be aware of the enemies traps and help me walk circumspectly! I love You Lord!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Came To Save!

Be Careful! Consult the Lord in Everything

As For Me, I Will Always Have hope!