Two Moms, One Son and the Big Plan

I was thinking about two moms that shared the same son. The first mom was the birth mom. Her hearts’ desire and prayer was that her son’s life be spared from the mandate of death by Pharaoh. Her prayer was answered when Pharaoh’s daughter had him rescued from the reed basket that held him safely floating in the Nile River. The Pharaoh’s daughter sent the baby’s sister (who had been watching him from a distance) to find a wet nurse to care for the baby until he was big enough to live in the palace.

How wonderful for the birth mom’s prayer to be answered. She got to nurse her own son and he would be allowed to live. How heart wrenching it must have been when she had to send him to live in the palace to be raised as an Egyptian. The very people who enslaved the Israelites and with the very same family who ordered the murders of the baby boys.

Pharaoh’s daughter must have fallen in love with the small boy. She raised him in the luxury of the palace and taught him all of her customs. The Pharaoh’s daughter became the boy’s mama.

I know that Moses’ birth mom continued to pray for him and perhaps even watched him at a distance. I know that the mom’s love for her child never faded. I wonder if she ever questioned God about how her son’s life was spared? I’m sure she never dreamed that her prayers would be answered the way that they were answered. I wonder what her attitude was towards Moses’ mama?

I may not know the answers to my questions but I do know this… God had a plan for Moses. God knew the big picture! He knew that one day the little boy in the basket would grow up and lead the children of Israel out of bondage, out of Egypt. I do know that all of the years of growing up in the palace learning the language, culture and customs was for a purpose.

As I thought about all of this it made me evaluate my heart’s desires and prayers. Prayers that have been answered and ones that I haven’t seen answered yet and ones that weren’t answered in the way that I thought they should be answered! Do I always trust God with the big plan? Shouldn’t I trust God? God sees the “Big Picture”! I need to trust Him when things aren’t “going my way”! I at least need to act like He knows what He is doing! LOL. God is very detailed oriented. I have looked back and thought, “How did I get here from there?” Sometimes I have looked back and thought, “That is the reason I had to go through that! It makes sense now!” Almost like God had a plan the whole time! So I challenge you to trust God with the big plan of your life. Instead of getting mad at Him, pray and trust that He loves you so very much that He will work all things together for the good of those who serve Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Came To Save!

Be Careful! Consult the Lord in Everything

As For Me, I Will Always Have hope!