Think About It! What Are You Good At? Share It With Others!

18 And Jesus, walking by the Sea of Galilee, saw two brothers, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen. 19 Then He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.” 20 They immediately left their nets and followed Him. Matthew 4:18-20 NKJ

I was mulling these three verses over in my head and I thought....hmm... Peter and Andrew were already fishermen. God created them to be fisher of men. They had the fishing part in their “blood or dna”. They then took what they knew when they met Jesus and used it for Him!
When I look at so many different people who don’t know Jesus but they have a gift/talent that God created in them. They are just using it without knowing it was placed in them to bring Him glory. But if you talk to most of those people they will tell you that “something is missing” in their life. I know what that something is! You see God gave me this incredible desire to sing from the time I was tiny. I have sung in many venues but nothing “satisfies” me like it does when I am singing or worshiping the Creator.

What has God gifted in you that you never have given much thought? You might not have thought that it was a God given gift that you can use for the Kingdom. For example...scrapbooking. You can have scrapbooking parties or events to develop relationships that can lead to an opening for ministry! Are you good at cooking? You could hold a cooking class to teach those who don’t know how to cook, how to fix a meal for their family! Do you like to hike, ski or play halo? God can use many avenues and it doesn’t even have to be “all spiritual” but just be real. Bottom line is that all of these things can be used to be Jesus to others. Wouldn’t it be just like God to use something that you enjoy doing for the ministry?

Comments

  1. What an excellent exhortation, my friend. You really do have the gift of encouragement. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He Came To Save!

Be Careful! Consult the Lord in Everything

As For Me, I Will Always Have hope!