He's Alive!

8 And they remembered His words. 9 Then they returned from the tomb and told all these things to the eleven and to all the rest. 10 It was Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and the other women with them, who told these things to the apostles. 11 And their words seemed to them like idle tales, and they did not believe them. 12 But Peter arose and ran to the tomb; and stooping down, he saw the linen cloths lying by themselves; and he departed, marveling to himself at what had happened. Luke 24:8-12

How excited the women must have been. They went to take care of Jesus' body and He was alive! They went and told the disciples. Can you imagine the excitement? I can just hear the guys telling them to "Calm down! Slow down...tell us what happened." This news couldn't be true! But the next part is what I love...Peter jumped up and ran to the tomb! He went to investigate for himself...he found the linen cloths where they had been left behind...and then he left, marveling to himself at what had happened. Peter, the one who had denied Him three times...I am sure he was rethinking everything that Jesus had ever spoke to him about. Putting two and two together...

I have done that! The Lord has spoken something to my heart and I have it all worked out in my head how it's going to go down...and then it doesn't happen. I then go back and go over what was spoken to my heart and pray again. Then when it actually comes to past I then think ooohhhhh that is what He was saying to me! Oh, that is what He meant!

How exciting for Peter! His Friend and Savior was/is alive!!! The Messiah...back from the grave! Thank You Jesus! Peter marveled back then and I marvel now...Jesus spoke back then and He is still speaking today! Thank You Jesus!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Came To Save!

Be Careful! Consult the Lord in Everything

As For Me, I Will Always Have hope!