Don't Worry...change your focus!

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Phil 4:6 NLT

I love this translation of this scripture. Instead of worrying, pray about everything! Talk to God about everything! He knows it anyway. I think that the next part is really important...and thank Him for all He has done. Wow if we really did that I think that it would do two things. I think that it would build our faith and remind us of the things that we are quick to forget. We're human so we tend to remember the negative things and not the positive, so by doing this it would remind us at how faithful God is on a daily basis even when we are not faithful to Him. The second thing that I think it would accomplish would be change our perspective, because when we are thanking/praising the living God it takes our focus off of us and places it on Him, where it belongs!

I challenge you to do this for one of your new year's resolution...it will have an impact on your life. This will take commitment. It might sound easy but it will take practice. You might have to start small. For example if you are worried about the electric bill, I would first pray for provision and then I would say, Thank You Lord for this electric bill because that means that I have electricity! Thank You Lord for my warm house, etc. It will "prime the pump" so to speak. I think you will be amazed how it will change your attitude, heart and outlook on life!

Comments

  1. This is a great word, Shanin, and it's so cool that you are blogging! I am proud of you!!
    Karen in FL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He Came To Save!

Be Careful! Consult the Lord in Everything

As For Me, I Will Always Have hope!