Amazing Love

47 And while He was still speaking, behold, a multitude; and he who was called Judas, one of the twelve, went before them and drew near to Jesus to kiss Him. 48 But Jesus said to him, “Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?” 49 When those around Him saw what was going to happen, they said to Him, “Lord, shall we strike with the sword?” 50 And one of them struck the servant of the high priest and cut off his right ear. 51 But Jesus answered and said, “Permit even this.” And He touched his ear and healed him. Luke 22:47-51 NKJV

When I read this passage a few stand out to me. First of all how must of Jesus felt when Judas betrayed Him with a kiss? Normally an act of affection or greeting of endearment used as a betrayal? Someone who was in His inner circle of friends. Judas sold him out for thirty pieces of silver. It had to be done but still yet it had to be heart wrenching.

The second thing that I notice was in verse 48 when Jesus asked Judas if He was betraying the Son of Man with a kiss? I cannot even imagine how Judas must of felt. I wonder if he felt shame or did he feel any remorse at that moment? Later he hung himself...

Then the last part was when "one of them" struck the servant of the high priest and cut off his right ear. I have to confess that part of me loves that one of them swung his sword in defense of the Lord...not great aim but he still took action. However there is the part of me that says that he shouldn't of reacted and he should have waited on the Lord instead of acting in the flesh.

I love it because even though this guys were coming to arrest Jesus for no wrong doing Jesus cared enough that He healed the man with the cut off ear! Wow I serve a good God! He loved the one who was going to help kill Him. This is my biggest question, "What happened to the healed guy?" He had to of realized that Jesus was who He said He was! One moment he had a severed ear and the next moment it was reattached!

I won't know my answers until I get to heaven but I can look at this portion of scripture and see where I have played all of these roles...I have been betrayed by friends before...not to the extent of Jesus but I have been betrayed and it crushed me. I have betrayed Christ before...I have hurt Him by not acting the way I should (sinning)...after He gave His life for me...how shameful on my part. I have jumped ahead of God and swung the sword and injured someone instead of waiting for Him to give me direction. And as a result of that Jesus had to heal someone....Last but not least I have had the Lord heal me...I do know the answer to that question though...I know what happened to me! I know Who Jesus is! He is my Lord and Savior and Healer! He loves me so much that He would reach out to heal me knowing that I will still mess up at times, (knowing that I helped crucify Him)...I will one day live eternally with Him! I am on the winning team! I serve an awesome God...the One and Only God. I have eternal life because God sent His One and Only Son to die on the cross for every sin that I have committed and will commit. He did this knowing that I would still mess up...He did this because He loves me and you.

Comments

  1. Do you realize how rare it is to see that I have done the very thing that has broken my heart in others? That is such a rare and precious gift... You are a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He Came To Save!

Be Careful! Consult the Lord in Everything

As For Me, I Will Always Have hope!