Trust in the Lord and Limit the Drama


S 32 When Elisha came into the house, there was the child, lying dead on his bed. 33 He went in therefore, shut the door behind the two of them, and prayed to the Lord. 34 And he went up and lay on the child, and put his mouth on his mouth, his eyes on his eyes, and his hands on his hands; and he stretched himself out on the child, and the flesh of the child became warm. 35 He returned and walked back and forth in the house, and again went up and stretched himself out on him; then the child sneezed seven times, and the child opened his eyes. 36 And he called Gehazi and said, “Call this Shunammite woman.” So he called her. And when she came in to him, he said, “Pick up your son.” 37 So she went in, fell at his feet, and bowed to the ground; then she picked up her son and went out. 2 Kings 4:32-37

O I noticed that Elisha went into the house and lying there was indeed, a dead child. He then shut the door, leaving everyone else outside, leaving just the boy, himself and God in the room. He layed on the child and felt his body start to warm, he got up and walked around and went back again, and then the child sneezed seven times and opened his eyes. Elisha then went and told Gehazi to call the mama in and he told her to go pick up her son.

A Elisha didn’t lapse into drama. He evaluated the situation (the child was indeed dead and on the bed), he closed the door leaving only the child, himself and God in the room. There are problems that I need to evaluate, and bring into the room with just me, God and the problem. Then when I pray, and pray again (when I don’t get immediate results) and continue to seek God until I get an answer, then I can open the door and show my answered prayer, instead of the drama that can evolve or erupt when telling everyone about the dilemma.

P Lord help me to remember this plan of action when facing a difficult situation. Let me answer, “It is well” when I am in crisis and bring the issue before You and only You. Help me to not to give up when the prayer is not answered right away but to keep bringing it before You. Help me to not run in fear with the problem but truly evaluate the situation and bring it before You in confidence. Thank You God, You rock!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Came To Save!

Be Careful! Consult the Lord in Everything

As For Me, I Will Always Have hope!