Just a Sheep Tender?

7 But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the LORD does not see as man sees;[a] for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.” I Samuel 16:7

Aren't you glad that God doesn't look at our physical appearance but He looks at our hearts instead? I am so grateful that God doesn't look at just the "pretty" people and say that they are the ones who will minister or be favored! I am so thankful that God sees past what the world sees and values. He loves me for me! He knows my potential that even I don't always see in myself.

David was the youngest brother. He was normally looked down on or "pooed pooed" by his brothers, but God knew David's heart. David worshipped Him when he was alone in the fields tending the sheep. God knew David' potential. God gave David on the job training while he was tending the sheep. He killed the lion and the bear...and one day he would face the giant. God built David's faith while he was in the field tending sheep. God knew that David would be anointed King. His brothers never thought that their little brother, David, would become King...he tended the sheep!

So when you have a job like tending sheep, maybe just maybe, God might be training you for a much bigger purpose. He looks beyond what the world sees and what our eyes see...He sees our heart! Remember He knows our hearts AND our potential! He has great things planned for our future. We need to take the time wherever He places us to worship Him whatever situation we are in and know He has us there for a reason. God taught David important things while he was tending sheep. Where does God have you at the moment? What is He teaching you? I can assure you that it is all part of the plan!

Remember He looks at the heart and He sees your potential!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Came To Save!

Be Careful! Consult the Lord in Everything

As For Me, I Will Always Have hope!