Don't Panic, He's Right There With You!

18 And when Jesus saw great multitudes about Him, He gave a command to depart to the other side.
23 Now when He got into a boat, His disciples followed Him. 24 And suddenly a great tempest arose on the sea, so that the boat was covered with the waves. But He was asleep. 25 Then His disciples came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Lord, save us! We are perishing!”
26 But He said to them, “Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?” Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. 27 So the men marveled, saying, “Who can this be, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?”
Matthew 8:18;23-27 NKJ


LOL I love this passage. Why? Because it reminds me of me when I took a different look at it today. I used to think, how could they be afraid when Jesus was right there in their boat with them? But you see, just like me, Jesus told them where to go and went with them and when it got rough they thought they were going to die!

How many times has God spoke to your heart about the direction you should go and when times got rough you cried out to Him? He was right there with you! I remembered when God called us to Burley, Idaho. I wasn't thrilled but I was obedient. We came and it wasn't easy. I remember many days when I was praying that I told God, "God, I know that You didn't call me to Burley to die and the rent is due in x amount of days...I need the rent money, Lord." He provided every time. But every time it got tough I was back calling out to Him! He was right there with me the whole time! He was the One who told us to go to Burley...He would see us through...and He has.

After God calmed the sea in verse 27, they marveled at who this Jesus could be that even the seas obeyed Him. I know who He is and even still I marvel at His greatness. He is still in the miracle business today. Do you have a storm brewing in your life? Cry out to Him and He can calm even the roughest storm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Came To Save!

Be Careful! Consult the Lord in Everything

As For Me, I Will Always Have hope!