Time for a Spring Cleaning!

12 Then Jesus went into the temple of God[ and drove out all those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves. 13 And He said to them, “It is written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer,’ but you have made it a ‘den of thieves.’”
14 Then the blind and the lame came to Him in the temple, and He healed them. 15 But when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that He did, and the children crying out in the temple and saying, “Hosanna to the Son of David!” they were indignant 16 and said to Him, “Do You hear what these are saying?”
And Jesus said to them, “Yes. Have you never read, ‘Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infantsYou have perfected praise’?” Matthew 21:12-16 NKJV

I am not one who likes confrontation. While growing up in my family, my role was the peacemaker, so I would do everything within my power to avoid confrontation of any kind. With this being said, I hated it anytime there was correction in the church. It made me uncomfortable.

Jesus cleaned out the church in this scene. The church was not being used as a place of worship but as a market place. The merchants had set up shop and profited on the sacrifices being done in the church that was supposed to be a form of worship but instead they had turned it into a sales opportunity by selling doves right there in the church. Jesus drove the offenders out of the church. Jesus didn't act all meek and nice, he drove them out!

After the church was emptied of the people, who were not there to worship or seek the Lord, it made room for healings and ministry to take place. The lame and the blind came to the temple and Jesus healed them. Then the kids that were at the temple were yelling, "Hosanna to the Son of David!" If I close my eyes and use my imagination I can hear them using their sing song voices! Jesus loved it! Remember he loved the children!

Then the rulers didn't like the kids making noise and the poor, wounded people coming into the church. I wonder if they were miffed because they were losing a cut of the profits made from the sales of the merchants that Jesus had just driven out or if they just didn't like Jesus and what He was doing? Perhaps they didn't like the kids playing in the church and giving Jesus praise? Whatever the reason they had the nerve to say to Jesus, "Do you hear what these are saying?"

Jesus had a great response! His response to the people, who prided themselves in knowing the scriptures, was, "Yes, have you never read?" LOL That was such an awesome response! I am sure that it insulted them but what could they say? They had read it before, probably had taught on it and the scribes had more than likely even copied it down before on scrolls! "Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infantsYou have perfected praise’?”

There is time for correction, whether I like it or not:) I am sure that the Priests and Scribes didn't like it. We need to keep our temple clean before the Lord. Do you have stuff residing in your heart that needs to be cleaned out or driven out? When you ask for forgiveness and clean house what will you fill those empty spaces up with? Hopefully your will make room in your heart for ministry, healing and praise! You don't want to clean up your temple or house of God (heart) and not fill it with things of the Lord or else the enemy will see an empty clean space and try to take residence again!

Cleaning out the clutter in my heart! Making room for the Lord to minister to me and through me and praising His Name!

Hosanna to the Son of David!

Shanin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Came To Save!

Be Careful! Consult the Lord in Everything

As For Me, I Will Always Have hope!