Western Civilization

I am taking a college course titled, Western Civilization. I like my professor however I have been skeptical on some of her views and teaching capabilities. I have gotten past those obstacles and have enjoyed the class and literature.

It is funny because this class has made me embrace the Word on a different level. My teacher is obviously not a believer so her point of view is much different than my own views. I have learned more about the Greek and Roman cultures. It has helped me because when I read the bible now I see where the culture plays into it. I am excited because even though many have tried to prove the bible to be a work of fiction, historcal accounts confirms it to be true. I loved it when we started studying about the apostle Paul. My history book states that historical accounts verifies that an "event" took place on the road to Damascus that day, which changed the life of Apostle Paul. They are not for sure what exactly did happen, whether it was an accident or what, but one thing that they do know was that it was a life changing experience for this man named Paul.

Now I can hardly wait because we get to choose our topic for a comparative paper. I am choosing to do a comparative on this man named Saul, before "the event" happened, to the "new" man named Paul. I am so excited. My teacher knows nothing or has said nothing about Saul. She has talked about martyrs and Christianity and how they changed Western Civilization. I am so excited to share about this educated, born Roman citizen who persecuted and ordered the deaths of the christians. He was at the stoning of a christian named Stephen and saw a face of an angel. He later was on the road to Damascus when an event happened that rocked his world and ours too. There had to be something of substance that changed a man from the persecutor to the persecuted. So changed, that eventually the very people that he tormented and hunted, loved and accepted him as their leader and teacher.

Isn't God good? He is a life changer/redeemer. He took my college class and brought it to life for me. He added another dimension to the Word as I read it. He is the same, yesterday, today and forever. I can hardly wait to take the next semester's class, part II. I am so thankful that I serve a living God who is everywhere and in everything when I just take the time to look for Him.

In Him,

Shanin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Came To Save!

Be Careful! Consult the Lord in Everything

Parenting is Tough, But You Can Do It!