Just One Stone of Many

21 Then he spoke to the children of Israel, saying: “When your children ask their fathers in time to come, saying, ‘What are these stones?’ 22 then you shall let your children know, saying, ‘Israel crossed over this Jordan on dry land’; 23 for the LORD your God dried up the waters of the Jordan before you until you had crossed over, as the LORD your God did to the Red Sea, which He dried up before us until we had crossed over, 24 that all the peoples of the earth may know the hand of the LORD, that it is mighty, that you may fear the LORD your God forever.” Joshua 4:21-24

We need to set up stones so that when our children ask in time, "What are this stones?" We can tell them what God did in our lives!

So what has God done in your life? In my life I have seen God miraculously provide for us in ways I could have never figured out on my own! I have seen God heal cancer! I have seen God's hand move in many circumstances. But tonight I want to share a story to you about a man name James

In the eighties we lived in Bend, Oregon. My husband worked at the mill. Now during this time Bend was a predominately white community. There was a young man named James who came to work at the mill who happened to be black in color. My husband hit it off with James right from the start. They would tease each other and play practical jokes on one another. My husband would share with James about the Lord and then always say, "When are you going to come to church with me, man?" James never came. Well, one night on the way home from work James was jumped and beaten pretty bad by a few men. My husband was concerned for his friend. James started selling drugs because it was better money than the mill and before long he quit the mill job. We lost contact with James after he left the mill. We soon moved to the valley which was about four hours away from Central Oregon.

We thought and prayed for James often. A few years later and after we had a son that we named James, we were around the house talking about our friend James. I asked my husband, "What do you think happened to James?" He said that he hoped that he didn't get sucked into the drug lifestyle. End of the discussion and we went to bed. The next day my James and I were getting ready to go to the mall. Now my husband hates the mall and the crowds and we were leaving so that my hubby could study and write his sermon. As we were getting ready to leave my husband told us to wait that he wanted to go shopping with us! WHAT???? Yes I heard what he said. We waited and he came.

We made it to the mall and my son and I were at Kaybee Toys, my husband went to a book store. After a little bit I heard my husband yell my name. I looked out to the hall and my husband was standing smiling from ear to ear with his arm around James, our friend! He had been at the bookstore with his back facing the mall. He said that he felt a large presence standing in his space and he heard a voice whisper in his ear, "What are you doing in my store boy?" He spun around to see James smiling! He got him! LOL The very next thing out of James' mouth was, "When are you going to come to church with me man?" God is so good. James moved away and later found Jesus. He is serving the Lord. And God was so gracious to us that he let us find out that James accepted Jesus before we got to heaven! That blessed us so very much and still encourages us when we think, reminese and talk about it.

It was such a God appointment. Jason hates the mall. God arranged for James and Jason to be at the mall at the same time and for James to see Jason with us both being so far from our old surroundings and years later. A true miracle.

That is just one story of so many miracles of God in my life. One stone of many. One stone to pass down to our kids and grandkids. Take time and think of a stone that represents something that God has done in your life. I would love to hear about your stones if you would like to share them with me! We can praise God together.

Thank You Lord that you have done so many things in my life. Thank You for letting us see James once more and most of all for his salvation. Thank You for arranging that meeting this side of heaven! You Rock!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Came To Save!

Be Careful! Consult the Lord in Everything

As For Me, I Will Always Have hope!